Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fulltime RVing is awesome!!!

Life is great! Its like Christmas every day. The week leading up to our departure was crazy from an emotional standpoint. The kids missing their friends, us missing ours, all the work, preparation, details, details, details...

Well now we've started and wow is it fun. Yeah, yeah, yeah its all still new and there will be challenges ahead I'm sure but our life is a vacation and I plan to take as much advantage of that as I can. God only gives us one life and I don't want to waste it. In a weird way I even look forward to the challenges. That's where growth takes place. Thank you God for the blessing that is my life!

Here are just a couple of the treats our new life has provided.

Mushroom hunting. (We did this at home right before leaving but I'm counting it cause it rocks.)









We spent our first night at Cabela's and became geocachers. The kids are completely hooked after finding their first treasure.












This nice easy geocache was enough to give us all the fever for this new sport. We were amazed to learn how many options and places there are all over the world. It's going to be a great teaching aid for the kids learning the history of certain geocaches and locations. Gotta love technology.

Now we're tucked away in the hills of Pennsylvania for a few days near McConnell's Mill State Park where Josh and I will be getting our kayaking needs met on Slippery Rock Creek. This is a beautiful Class III/IV creek with lots of fun technical moves and playspots. It's going to be a fun week!

No comments: