Thursday, March 18, 2010

Get ready, set...Modify!

Since the house hasn't sold yet, I can't really go. So I'm going to do the next best thing... Modify! While I still have my tools and my manhood has been beefed up with the acquisition of a mantastic truck and 5th wheel home, I've decided to take this time to tweak a few things to make life on the road a little more convenient. As any self respecting man would do, I've prioritized my modifications by order of importance. First, TV! If I'm to keep up with my favorite sports, both fantasy and reality, I need to be able to watch in style. First I ripped out the way too small TV that came with the camper and reinstalled it back in the kids room. (Don't judge me.) I replaced this with a 32" LCD HD TV with a full motion mount so I could lie either way on the couch and see perfectly. Sweet! I was so happy with this modification that I did the same thing in the bedroom. 32" was all the room I had or I would have gone bigger. The antenna brings in only a handful of HD channels so I'm bringing my Direct TV HD satellite along so I can have every channel I have here at home. Now with the man juices flowing nicely, I moved to the fishing gear. I made good use of the basement ceiling by installing rod holders. Margie asked why I need to fish with 5 poles and I told her because I don't have 6. It's beyond me why she can't understand this rationale.

Still to come...Peg board, bike rack, kayak storage, and more...

4 comments:

The Lundy 5 said...

because 5 people somehow need 3 tvs? *sigh* :)

Liz McCoy said...

Oh this is fun! glad you got the tv's installed and cool about the fishing poles. I always see online the neat-o things ppl do with small spaces and how they use every bit efficiently. We have lots of space and completely use it inefficiently :( it's sad.

I saw the bike rack pictures so are you near finishing your list??

Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers said...

basement ceiling seems like an oxymoron. I'm just sayin...

Michael Hood said...

You are making me really want to get my own home on the road! I am thinking a Dodge/Freightliner Sprinter would give me the flexibility to design my space the way I want it, and make it reconfigurable. Think this is too aggressive?